BOYS EXTRA - Birth Year Tryout
BOYS EXTRA -Coaches
|4:00 - 5:30 PM|| ||2009|| ||2007|
|5:30 - 7:00 PM ||2006||2008|| || |
|7:00 - 8:30 PM||2005||2004||2003|| |
|BU9-(2009) ||Brian Doane || Frank Villalba||Frank Villalba ||Will Pedranti |
|BU10-(2008)||Matt Coulson||Todd Blaser||Scott Kitcher||Ed Wong|
|BU11-(2007)||Kevin Collins||TBA|| || |
|BU12-(2006)||Mark Verrengia||TBA||Deiter Eckstein||Maciej Prokopowicz|
|BU13-(2005)||Rob Nedelykovic||George Nedelykovic|| || |
|BU14-(2004) ||Brad Klingemann||Jaime Ruvalcaba|| || |
GIRLS EXTRA - Birth Year Tryouts
***Good afternoon – we have a low # of girls signed up for 2005 tryouts, and therefore, we will be moving their tryout to 12/21/16 at 7PM with the 2003 birth year group – Any kids interested in trying out and playing up to that division, please come then. Sorry, but we wanted to wait until today to see how many more girls signed up…If they choose to do do so, then there is always our AYSO Recreations soccer which has served thousands of families over the years and will continue to do so.***GIRLS EXTRA - Coaches
|4:00 - 5:30 PM|| ||2009|| ||2008|
|5:30 - 7:00 PM||2006||2007|| || |
| GU9-(2009) ||Will Scott || TBA|| Chris Simonsen||David Tuttle |
| GU10-(2008)|| || || || |
| GU11-(2007)|| David DeFilippo||Kurt Zimmerman || Robert Ganem|| TBA|
| GU12-(2006)||David Petersen|| Jared Dahl||Jared Dahl|| Michael Ochoa|
| GU13-(2005)|| || || || |
ALL tryouts are held at Cox Soccer 1 (Turf)
Players are to attend THEIR EXACT BIRTH YEAR, including those wishing to “play up.”
Click here to register for tryouts.
CHECK-IN 15 MINUTES PRIOR TO START TIME
What to Wear and Bring:
- Comfortable Shorts and White Shirt with NO MARKINGS ASSOCIATED WITH AN AYSO/EXTRA TEAM OR CLUB
- Shin Guards
- Appropriate Size Ball
EXTRA Evaluation Areas:
- EVALUATION CRITERIA: players’ dribbling, passing and ball control abilities including: turning, balance and touch while dribbling; passing with accuracy, pace, timing; and controlling techniques using various surfaces while maintaining eye contact with the ball and ultimately preparing the ball for the next move.
- EVALUATION CRITERIA: players’ overall skills in developing tactical play including: field awareness; communication; leadership; awareness of organization and shape of play; ability to play on and off the ball; and ability to support, create options and make appropriate runs that support the attack or defense.
- EVALUATION CRITERIA: players’ ability to maintain possession under pressure, create individual and team space, turn on a defender, recognize and take the direct route to goal; anticipation, preparation, decisiveness and timing when shooting.
- EVALUATION CRITERIA: players’ defending control and balance, ability to establish appropriate marking distance, goal-side/ball-side position, ability to prevent an attacker from turning and tackling skills.
All kids attending an Extra tryout who did not play AYSO in fall 2015 or the spring 2016 must complete a registration form for liability reasons. Please complete this form and bring to the tryout.