Are you interested in coaching at a more competitive level of play? Check out our EXTRA Program!
What is AYSO Extra?
AYSO Extra is a competitive, year-round soccer program designed to provide a more competitive level of play for those players who possess the appropriate commitment, skills and abilities. The objectives of the Extra program are to enhance each player’s experience and individual growth through the game of soccer, while retaining the spirit, organization, and philosophies of AYSO. The sixth philosophy of AYSO, Player Development, is a primary focus of the AYSO Extra program.
Benefits of Coaching an AYSO Extra Team:
- Professional Trainers and Player Development: Each Extra team’s registration fees include access to professional trainers during the regular season to help our players develop technical skills, tactical abilities and fitness levels that set a clear path toward achieving realistic goals and realizing potential, while having fun and learning the game of soccer.
- Year-Round Play: Coach your Extra team throughout the calendar year. In addition to competing in the Fall season, Extra teams will continue training / competing in Spring season and summer tournaments as desired.
- Coach Mentoring: Extra Coaches have access to coordinate practice-session plans with Professional Trainers.
- Everyone Plays: All players play ¾ of the game.
- Positive Coaching: All coaches must be certified and experienced, as well as positive, instructive and encouraging with the players.
- Well-Trained, Quality Referees: Referee teams are mindful of player safety and love of the game.
- Committed Players: Players are selected through a tryout process to ensure that the skill and level of commitment is at a competitive level.
REQUIRED COACHING CERTIFICATIONS - CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD
Applying to be an Extra Coach:
Applications for Extra Coaches are now being accepted for the 2009-2003 Boys and Girls Divisions. Please complete the attached Application Form and return your signed copy to the Regional Commissioner and AYSO Extra Program Coordinator, via email to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com. To download application CLICK HERE. Applications are due by December 1, 2016.