Playing Age: (Age 5 before August 1)
U6 is an introduction to soccer where the game is the teacher; all kids play and all kids get trophies. No standings or scores are kept. Boys' and girls' programs are separated.
Time Commitment: One 45 minute practice a week. Time and day is picked by the coach for what works for them, but generally they are M-F starting at 4:30 or 5:30. Sometimes earlier depending on the time change. One Game per week on Saturday. Games start as early as 8 am and as late as 3 pm and varies each week.
- Ball Size: A size 3 ball is used.
- Equipment: Shin guards and they must be worn under socks. Soccer cleats need to be double knotted.
- Accessories: All jewelry must be removed including earrings. However, medic ID bracelets are allowed if covered by tape or a sweatband.
- Coaches: 2 Coaches are present on the field for the first 5 games while no coaches are on the field for the last 5 games. Coaches are the referees although youth referees can be used for the last 5 games.
- Players: Game is played 5 vs. 5 (10 players on the field with no goal keepers) with 7 or 8 members per team.
- Game Duration: 2 - 15 minute halves.
- Goal Keeper: No goal keeper position.
- Conduct: No pushing, biting, punching, kicking, screaming, foul language (applies to kids as well!). No dogs on the fields, no exceptions. Children should be competitive, not the Adults!
- Emphasis: “Development over Winning” = dribbling, kicking, throw ins. Soccer Objectives: Score and Prevent Scoring
IMPORTANT: No dogs allowed on field. No parking at the apartments
Download U6 Meet Your Coach Day Presentation