Playing Age: Age 5 before August 1
U6 is an introduction to soccer where the game is the teacher; all kids play and all kids get trophies. No standings or scores are kept. Boys' and girls' programs are separated.
- One 45 minute practice a week. Time and day is picked by the coach for what works for them, but generally they are M-F starting at 4:30 or 5:30. Sometimes earlier depending on the time change.
- One Game per week on Saturday. Games start as early as 8 am and as late as 3 pm and varies each week.
- Ball Size: A size 3 ball is used.
- Shin guards and they must be worn under socks. No socks first and then rolling down over top of shin guard. Soccer cleats are not mandatory but if worn should be double knotted.
- Accessories: All jewelry must be removed including earrings. However, medic ID bracelets are allowed if covered by tape or a sweatband.
- Coaches: 2 Coaches are present on the field for the first 5 games while no coaches are on the field for the last 5 games. Coaches are the referees although youth referees can be used for the last 5 games.
- Game Detail: Game is played 3 vs. 3 (3 players on the field per team with no goal keepers) with 5 or 6 members per team.
- Game Duration: Two 15 minute halves.
- Goal Keeper: No goal keeper position.
- Start/End Time: Games must start and end on time. If your game is scheduled for 9:00 am, you must be done and off the field by 9:50 am
- Conduct: No pushing, biting, punching, kicking, screaming, foul language (applies to kids as well!). No dogs on the fields, no exceptions. Children should be competitive, not the Adults!
- Emphasis: “Development over Winning” = dribbling, kicking, throw ins.
- Soccer Objectives: Score and Prevent Scoring
No dogs are allowed out the fields for games or practices - AYSO has permits for the field at these times and dogs are not allowed and must be removed from the area before the game or practice can begin or resume.