Playing Age: Age 6 before August 1
U7 is introduction to soccer where the game is the teacher; all kids play and all kids get trophies. No standings or scores are kept. Boys' and girls' programs are separated. Players are evaluated at these ages to help with team balancing for the U8 division.
- One 60 minute practice a week. Time and day is picked by the coach for what works for them, but generally they are M-F starting at 4:30 or 5:30. Sometimes earlier depending on the time change.
- One Game per week on Saturday. Games start as early as 8 am and as late as 3 pm and varies each week.
- Ball Size: A size 3 ball is used.
- Shin guards and they must be worn under socks. No socks first and then rolling down over top of shin guard. Soccer cleats are not mandatory but if worn should be double knotted.
- Accessories: All jewelry must be removed including earrings. However, medic ID bracelets are allowed if covered by tape or a sweatband.
- No coaches or spectators on the field. If an injury occurs, let the referees handle it unless they call out the head coach.
- Coaches are to remain in the technical area (if it is not painted in, use the center circle as a guide) and all parents and spectators will stay between the top of the two penalty lines. No one is allowed to be behind the goal lines - it is a distraction to the players.
- One Center Referee to cover the game.
- Every game must have a referee assigned by Thursday at 9:00 pm or the game will be cancelled.
- Home team is required to supply a certified referee for the game to be played. The referee must be in an official uniform.
- Referees should instruct players on the laws of the game, but they are not to coach the players at any time.
- Game Detail: Players: 5 vs. 5 (5 players on the field per team with no goal keepers) with 7 or 8 members per team
- Game Duration: Two 20 minute halves. Half time break of 5-10 minutes. Substitutions will occur at approximately halfway through the half (9-11 minutes) and at the half time break - clock never stops. Players may get a sip of water whenever they need it, but should not leave the field like at the half time break.
- Goal Keeper: No goal keeper position.
- Start/End Time: Games must start and end on time. If your game is scheduled for 9:00 am, you must be done and off the field by 9:50 am.
- Throw-Ins: Players are allowed one re-do on throw-ins, if it is incorrect again, just inform the player what was wrong, and let play continue. It is okay to instruct the players and remind them of the proper technique, do not coach.
- Free Kicks and Penalty Kicks:
- All free kicks are direct free kicks regardless of the type of foul (there are no IFK restarts).
- There are no penalty kicks for U7/U8.
- If there is a foul in the penalty or goal area against the defending team, the ball will be brought out to the nearest point of the penalty area parallel to the goal line.
- Cherry-Picking is Not Allowed: Any attacker more than 5 yards closer to goal then the next to last defender (usually the keeper), and becomes actively involved in play (ball is passed up to them), the referee should blow their whistle and give the defending team a free kick.